The Girl Scout Silver Award is the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette (grades 6, 7 and 8) can earn. It gives you the chance to show that you are a leader who is organized, determined and dedicated to improving your community. Earning the award puts you among an exceptional group of girls who have used their knowledge and leadership skills to make a difference in the world.
Requirements for the Girl Scout Silver Award:
• Review and use the Girl Scout Silver Award Workbook as a reference.
• Complete and earn the awards from one grade-level Journey.
• All Girl Scouts going for their Girl Scout Silver Award must take the mandatory Girl Scout Silver Award Tutorial. There is a lot of useful information explaining the award. We strongly recommend leaders and volunteers listen to the Tutorial as well.
• Select a Take Action project that addresses a need in the community, provides service to non-Girl Scouts, and is not
something you have worked on previously.
• Complete the Final Report from GSCB’s Silver Award Workbook (Revised September 2014) when the project is completed.
• Final Reports should be completed by individual girls based on their own experience through the project.
• Once your Take Action project is completed, submit the Final Report from GSCB’s Silver Award Workbook.
• Girl Scouts starting grade 9 in September 2017 must have final reports completed and submitted to the council office by
September 30, 2017.
Girls earning the Girl Scout Silver Award will receive their awards at the annual On My Honor Ceremony.