All GS Gold Award proposals need to be submitted on the gogold website.
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest and most prestigious award that Girl Scout Seniors (grades 9 and 10) and Ambassadors (grades 11 and 12) can earn. When you decide to earn the Girl Scout Gold Award, you are on your honor to uphold the Standards of Excellence. These standards set a high benchmark for everything you do and invite you to think deeply, explore opportunities and challenge yourself. Following the Standards of Excellence challenges you to develop yourself as a leader, achieve the Girl Scout Leadership Outcomes and make a mark on your community that creates a lasting impact on the lives of others.
Requirements for the Girl Scout Gold Award:
• Review and use the Girl Scout Gold Award Workbook as a reference.
• Complete and earn the awards from two grade level Journeys. If you earned the GS Silver Award, earn the award from one grade-level Journey.
• All Girl Scouts going for their Girl Scout Gold Award must take the mandatory Girl Scout Gold Award Tutorial. There is a lot of useful information explaining the award. We strongly recommend leaders and volunteers listen to the Tutorial as well.
• Select a Take Action project that addresses a need in the community, provides service to non-Girl Scouts and is not
something you have worked on previously.
• Submit a proposal electronically, girlscouts.org/gogoldonline to the Girl Scout Gold Award Review Committee by the first of
• Meet with Girl Scout Gold Award Review Committee for project approval.
• Once your Take Action project is completed, submit the Final Report on girlscouts.org/gogoldonline.
• Girl Scouts graduating high school in spring 2017 must have final reports completed and submitted to the council office by September 30, 2017.
Girls earning the Girl Scout Gold Award will receive their awards at the annual On My Honor Ceremony.
Girl Scout Gold Award Proposal Reviews
All Girl Scout Seniors or Ambassadors who submit a Girl Scout Gold Award proposal must go before the Girl Scout Gold Award
Review Committee to obtain project approval. Proposals must be submitted by the first business day of the month in order to be
reviewed on the third Wednesday of the month. Reviews for the 2016 – 2017 program year are as follows:
September 21, 2016
October 19, 2016
November 16, 2016
December 21, 2016
January 18, 2017
February 15, 2017
March 15, 2017
April 19, 2017
May 17, 2017
June 21, 2017
July 19, 2017
August 16, 2017
WHERE: Locations to be determined pending population of submitted online proposals.
NOTE: The first four proposals submitted on line will be seen starting at 6:30 p.m. If you cannot make the scheduled review, please
note on your proposal which day would work, and we will try our best to accommodate your request. Visit our Girl Scout Senior/Ambassador calendar page for specific dates and times.